CALL: 952-746-5171

Free initial consultations may be available.

Personal, Professional Legal Services and Solutions Since 1983

Stephen C. Fiebiger Law Office, Chartered | Burnsville, MN facebook logo-bwSM twitter logo-bw boxSM shadow-01 Justice scale

Welcome to my blog


I hope you can find some useful information.  Check out previous articles as well.  If you have questions please call or email.  

Right to Personnel Records

By fiebigerste51715443, Nov 22 2017 10:10PM

Employees and former employees have the right to obtain a copy of their personnel records from their former employer. Under Minnesota Statute Section 181.961, a current or former employee can make a written request to the employer for the employee's personnel record. The employer may not charge a fee for the copy. Obtaining a copy of the personnel record is often helpful in reviewing a situation for a possible case and is also useful for unemployment claims and filing charges of discrimination or retaliation with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or Minnesota Department of Human Rights (MDHR).

Add a comment
* Required
RSS Feed

Web feed